Over the past couple of years, more Americans have taken a fresh look at the basic elements of their lives — including where they’ve chosen to live. If you’re one of the many who are re-evaluating your current home, it’s a good idea to consider what values are important to you, and what kind of lifestyle you really want.
Where you choose to live says a lot about you — and makes a huge difference when it comes to how you live your daily life.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Would you rather spend more time walking or biking to places, rather than driving?
- Do you want a healthier lifestyle that includes more time outdoors?
- Are you yearning for the feeling of community?
- Do you want to live in a more sustainable home?
- Would you like the feeling of an urban neighborhood combined with the green spaces of the suburbs?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, what you’re looking for is a thoughtfully-designed and planned urban village like the Baseline community in Broomfield, Colorado. Situated about 20-25 minutes from Denver and Boulder, Baseline is not your typical suburban development. The master-planned community will be part dining district, part business hub, part science campus — and an entirely new way to live.
Baseline’s intentional community plan will integrate sustainability throughout many aspects of its design, such as:
- Landscaping that uses less than half the water of other developments
- Carbon-footprint mapping to guide Baseline in minimizing its environmental impact over time
- Colorado’s first Pollinator District,TM a first-of-its-kind pollinator-friendly ecosystem
- Urban gardens envisioned as a way to provide residents and local restaurants with seasonal harvest
- 172 acres of natural and recreational open space and green infrastructure including The Parklands. Oriented around Preble Creek, plans call for not a single park, but as a mix of inspired outdoor spaces, along the spine of the community perfect for small and large-scale community events
- “Pocket parks” — accessible outdoor spaces within a five-minute walk of every home in the community
- A pedestrian- and cycle-friendly trail network
“Our healthy living goals and sustainability program are interrelated,” said Kyle Harris, general manager, Baseline. “We’ve baked sustainability into the design — the block network, walkable streets, trails and parks are intentionally designed. We want people outside enjoying Colorado’s 300 days of sunshine.”
Variety and versatility
The diverse housing options available at Baseline can suit people at every stage of life and different price points, with homes for everyone including single professionals, young families, empty nesters and more.
You can choose from:
- 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom apartments
- Paired and attached homes
- Townhomes and rowhomes
- 2- and 3-story single-family homes
- Planned for the future, for lease single-family homes and attached homes
Education and community
Within the community will be innovative educational opportunities both for K-12 students and for continuing, lifelong education. Some of the current and planned educational hubs include:
- Butterfly Pavilion which plans to relocate to a new 81,000-square-foot facility in the Baseline community. The new location will include greatly expanded guest experiences, a world-class research lab and an expansive zoological facility to serve as a preeminent local, national and global hub for invertebrate knowledge, conservation, inspiration and connection.
- Broomfield Library satellite branch
- Prospect Ridge Academy, a currently thriving K-12 charter school within the community
- Adams 12 STEM School slated to open in the next few years, as a problem/solution-based learning model in collaboration with 500 science, technology, engineering and math-focused companies
The future Center Street District amenities of local dining and retail options, along with great outdoor spaces for gathering, walking and riding, means it’s much easier for residents to engage and interact, forming an authentic community.
So if you’re looking for a new lifestyle and a whole new way to live — with a gorgeous view of the Rocky Mountains as a bonus — check out all of the options at Broomfield, Colorado’s new Baseline community on Facebook and Twitter.